Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Detroit Sports Survey: DO IT NOW!

Mike Florek over at The Detroit Hustle came up with a great idea: let's get a feeling for who Detroit sports fans love and hate. Not simply in just one sport, but in the four major Detroit sports. To use his own words:
"I've been over this before, but the idea to host a Detroit Sports Survey stemmed from the void Claude Lemieux left in my heart. There was no one I, and more important Detroit, hated more than Lemieux in the late 90s and early 2000s. Since he faded into oblivion, I've longed for the city to rally together and hate one person with so much vigor. The problem: I didn't know who that person could be. So I got the idea to ask people."
I don't support hate, per se, but I support the free expression of emotion. Especially emotions that burn with the heat of a thousand suns at that very moment. Which is why I've been known to exclaim that a certain player or team could eat a smorgasbord of dicks or threatening our own players with being punched in the taint. How you feel at any given moment, whether it's orgiastic joy or the complete opposite, that brings fans together. When two people who disagree about everything can say to each other, "Fuck Claude Lemeiux", and be the best of friends for a moment. 


So if you haven't already, head over to the The Detroit Hustle or click on this link to go directly to the survey. It will take you less time to fill it out than it takes me to come up with all those high brow Tweets you love me for, and give us a better picture of the sports hive mind of Detroit fans. It's like a thermometer strapped to a barometer strapped to a sphygmomonmeter. 


The survey will be open for two weeks so you have time, but surveys submitted earlier will be weighted more heavily than later entries, so your opinion will mean more than the opinions of slackers. Note: The previous statement may or may not be completely made up. 


And of course: Let's Go Red Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment