Monday, April 9, 2012

2 Days Until Red Wings Playoff Hockey? Ugh!

It's kind of hard to deal with to be honest. I can deal with the bulk of the off-season because I know there is no hockey. There's no hockey for anyone. And there won't be hockey for a while. But towards the end of the off-season I get itchy for hockey. And when there's this short lull in hockey, I get very itchy for hockey. It was actually terrible last season after the Wings swept the Coyotes, and everyone else was still playing.

I wanted my Red Wings hockey but I had to wait for another team to not suck so much so the Wings could play someone. I can watch other hockey, and sometimes I do, but I'm a Red Wings fan first and foremost. I will tolerate this wait as best as possible, but it doesn't mean I have to be all that happy about it.

In the meantime, I've started working on my playoff beard. It's no Kris Draper, or even the glorious Zetterbeard. My brother and I are both fairly baby faced, him more than I.

Glorious Zetterbeard Master Race
And while I rock a goatee and a mustache in my day to day life, the beard doesn't always want to come in as a full fledged beard. It likes to take its time, come in kinda splotchy at times, and be not awesome. Either way, it's playoff time and that means a playoff beard.

So here it is, in it's splotchy glory. I'll take update pictures as the playoffs go on. Either way: Let's Go Red Wings!



P.S. I would like Zetterbeard to become Red Wings slang and/or a Twitter hash tag. Please share your own playoff beards and help bring Zetterbeard to the lexicon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment