Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Brief Pre-Game Thoughts

Did some P90 Yoga X this morning. My wife has started exercising and getting in shape, and I feel as though I should do the same. Stretching that way...yeesh. So not ready, but I have to stay committed. Yoga might be a good first week start before I get into the rough stuff. And yes, I'm maintaining the stereotype that yoga is easy shit for girls.

Reading Jeff Hancock's Morning Skate over the Winging It it Motown this morning shows you what kind of dire straights the Wings are in. I was born in 84, and wasn't really aware of hockey until I was in middle school. But I imagine the dread I'm feeling is along the same lines of the dread Wings fans felt through the "Dead Things" years. Not as intense or as bad, but along that same spectrum.

Eaves, Lidstrom, Ericsson, Kindl, Franzen, MacDonald, Helm and Howard out with injuries? That list is full of people I love and I hope to love! Our goalie situation is either a struggling back up who lost his backup job to the backup's back up, or the backup's backup's backup who has never played an NHL game. Es...no bueno. But here's to Goose getting a goal or Pearce shocking all of us with amazing goaltending.

But even still, I'm going to maintain hope as best as I can. I said it on Twitter yesterday, and I'm going to say it again here: I hope that the Wings' are so desperate about their situation that they take Manhattan like the Muppets.

From Left to right:
Todd Bertuzzi, Mike Babcock (with game pad),
Tomas Holmstrom (behind Babcock), Pavel Datsyuk
Jiri Hudler, Rowlf the Dog
Detroit sports shout out to my friend Ty over at The Lions in Winter, who keeps me up to date on all things Lions and helps me understand what's happening and why. Pretty sure he called most if not all of the Lions' off-season transactions so far.

I'm also realizing that I'm maybe the odd man out without signing out with a final cheer for my team. I shall remedy that.

Let's Go Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment